Monday, July 28, 2008

Shelby's haircut


My mommy (with help from my mawmaw) finally found a wonderful stylist here in Jefferson who was not only patient, but just the sweetest person. So mommy decided it was time for me to get most of my hair cut off as it was getting so long, and heavy and very, very hot in this Texas weather. Mommy also had a very hard time combing out the tangles, as I hated sitting still and having it brushed, haha. Miss Stacy did a great job cutting it and I did get a bit impatient and uncooperative (nothing new, hehe), but as soon as mommy promised me a balloon if I sat still, I did, I sat as still and pretty as I could, heehee. I did so great that Miss Nadine, who owns the shop, gave me $2.00 so I could buy the balloon myself! As soon as we were done, we went over to the grocery store where mawmaw Carol works and I picked a pretty balloon with a puppy on it and paid for it by myself. Mommy said she was so proud of me and I have to admit, I'm a bit proud of myself too! :) Mommy also said that I seem to have more bounce in my step since having my haircut and my hair is pretty bouncy too! I really liked Miss Nadine's shop and I'm pretty sure I won't mind getting my hair cut anymore now, haha. Oh yeah, Miss Stacy cut off over 10 inches of my hair, so I got to donate it to "Locks for Love" so that some girl who is sick, can now have a wig made of my pretty hair. I think that is so neat!!

4 comments:

Donna said...

Way to go Shelby! A blog page up and running so we can all share in your adventures.

Grandma Donna and I love your new hair-do. It looks so bouncy and stylish. Perfect for school this fall. :-)

Keep blogging...and we will keep reading. xoxo

Miss Emma

Shelby said...

Thanks so much Emma. My mommy showed me your blog today and wow!! I got so excited seeing you in the water!! Would love to swim with you sometime!!! Thanks again and tell your Grandma Donna thank you too!


Shelby

Jack said...

Shelby
I think your blog just ROCKS! I love your new hair cut. Harli like her hair short, I prefer it long and curly, but *sigh* teenagers lol* She thinks going to the salon is fun, only cuz lots of hot guys walk by all day.:) How awesome for you to get to go get that balloon all on your own!! woohooo

mala said...

Shelby, We miss you, Love Nana & Grandpa and Mimi